Your resume is an important part of the job search. It could very well be the thing that sets you apart from your competition.
This also means that a subpar resume can set your job search back months.
Today we will be reviewing ZipJob and their resume writing services.
We have taken a deep dive into the customer reviews, cost, resume samples, and writer credentials at ZipJob. Our overall rating for ZipJob is 60/100.
Our goal is to help you find the best resume service that will advance your career. Take a look at some other top-rated resume writing services and find the perfect fit for you!
Best ZipJob Alternatives
Best ZipJob Alternatives
ZipJob is a New York-based resume writing service created by Michael Krikheli and Jeff Macks in 2017.
Michael Krikheli conceived the idea for ZipJob after realizing that his wife’s resume never seemed to get past the Applicant Tracking Systems (ATS).
Today, ZipJob consists of over 1,000+ professional writers with experience in almost every industry. They have provided resume writing solutions to almost 30,000 people.
This success led to ZipJob’s acquisition by Talent Inc in 2019. Talent Inc. also owns TopResume which is another well-known resume writing service.
Both ZipJob and TopResume use the same resume software, styles, and even writers. These services will be nearly identical to one another since they are owned by the same company.
Let’s dive right into some of the pros and cons when it comes to working with ZipJob.
ZipJob Pros vs. Cons
As with any company, there are pros and cons. It’s up to you to determine what is a “must-have” and what things you can live without.
- Resume writing certifications including CPRW and ACRW.
- Featured on Forbes, Glassdoor, MarketWatch, and more.
- Resume writing team are experts in 65+ industries.
- Clients have landed choice positions at Google, BBC, and ABC.
- Very poor online customer reviews averaging 2.2/5.
- Pricey resume writing service costing as much as $899.
- No turnaround time provided for most of the resume packages.
- You’ll have to pay to speak to your writer via phone call.
ZipJob Customer Reviews
Our Certified Professional Resume Writers have rated ZipJob a 60/100. Additionally, ZipJob has received customer reviews of 3.6/5 on Trustpilot, 4/5 on Sitejabber, 1.4/5 on BBB with a B+ rating, 1/5 on Yelp, and 1/5 on Google. These aren’t the worst reviews we’ve seen, but a quality resume service should be doing much better.
Trustpilot shows 1,108 reviews with an average rating of 3.6/5. 77% of the total reviews were 5-star reviews. However, a disturbing amount of reviews described them as a scam website that only delivered subpar resume services.
Sitejabber shows 199 reviews with an average rating of 4/5. Despite the good rating, there were nearly 50 negative reviews. Most of the negative reviews were from customers complaining about missed deadlines and poor resume quality.
BBB shows 20 reviews with an average rating of 1.4/5. Despite their B+ rating, ZipJob has received 37 customer complaints from customers about issues ranging from missed deadlines, poor English, and overall low resume quality.
Yelp shows 5 reviews with an average rating of 1/5. All the reviews were 1-star reviews. Based on the comments by the customers, ZipJob seems to have a habit of missing deadlines and delivering poor work.
Google shows 2 reviews with an average rating of 1/5. In addition to having a measly 2 reviews, the reviewers were not happy at all with the service they received.
We’re not really impressed with ZipJob’s reviews, considering how they boast of being able to increase clients’ interviews by 200%.
As a matter of fact, the average rating of all their reviews is 2.2/5. Not impressive at all.
As with anything, it’s important to take each review with a grain of salt. Additional research should be done beyond reading the reviews that are found online.
How Much Does ZipJob Cost?
ZipJob’s resume packages cost $139 – $899. While the lower packages are quite affordable, the higher packages are pricier than the average resume service.
There are four packages to choose from – Launch package ($139), Fast Track package ($189), Premium package ($299), and Executive package ($899).
The main difference between the four packages has to do with the types of services that you receive.
- The Launch resume package includes a professional, ATS-optimized resume and the option to message your resume writer directly ($139).
- The Fast Track resume package which includes everything in the Launch package, with a Cover Letter and a 60-day interview guarantee ($189).
- The Premium resume package which includes all the features of the other packages plus a LinkedIn profile update and expedited delivery ($299).
- The Executive resume package which includes everything in the other packages, plus a ThankYou letter, phone consultation, multiple revisions, and a 1-week first draft turnaround ($899).
The ZipJob website states that you can purchase phone calls with your writer as an add-on to their resume packages.
Additionally, you can pay for their resume packages in monthly installments.
For the most accurate and up-to-date details on package pricing at ZipJob, we recommend that you visit their website directly.
ZipJob Resume Sample
We wanted to see what the resume quality of ZipJob looked like so we took a look at some of the resume samples featured on their website.
We’ve attached a ZipJob resume sample for you to review (first page only). Below, we share some of the things that we liked, and what we disliked about this resume.
- Includes measurable accomplishments under each position.
- Contains the appropriate keywords for the target job title.
- Starts the resume with a clear target job title.
- Has a summary after the job target to set the tone for the resume.
- Format is not completely ATS compatible and uses either a table or columns.
- It does not have any visual appeal or aesthetics and only minimal color.
- Summary focuses too much on soft skills and note enough on engaging content.
- Content is not for a leadership-level position and focuses too much on task-focused content and soft skills.
ZipJob Writer Credentials
ZipJob is a member of the Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches (PARWCC).
The company has helped over 33,800 people secure job interviews and advance to better stages of their careers. Some of these people landed positions at Chase, BBC, Google, ABC, and other top-tier companies.
ZipJob is now owned by the same company that owns TopResume so you can expect the writer credentials to be nearly identical.
Unfortunately, the website only provides details of just 9 of their 1,000+ resume writers.
It’s common for a company of this size to use ghostwriters and also not share specifically who you will be working with.
Many of these writers are outside of the United States which is also why phone consultations do not come standard with your purchase.
In our effort to find more of ZipJob’s resume writers, we paid a visit to their LinkedIn business page. There, we found 12 resume writers but could not find any information about the hundreds of other writers they use.
ZipJob Resume Writing Process
ZipJob follows a straightforward and simple operating procedure for getting your resume written.
Let’s look at the steps taken in ZipJob’s resume writing process below:
- Upload your current resume or fill out an online contact form from their website.
- Get matched with a resume writer versed in your industry.
- Work directly with your resume writer via voice calls or messages.
- Edit and review your resume until you are satisfied.
- Apply for jobs and get 200% more interviews.
ZipJob offers a 60-day interview guarantee on all their resume packages except the Launch package.
This means that if you do not land 200% more job interviews within 60 days, they will rewrite your resume at no extra cost.
To access this, you have to submit links of the jobs you applied for with the resume. They would then assign a senior writer who would go through the job positions and make personalized revisions.
Is ZipJob Worth It?
Whether or not ZipJob is worth it is entirely up to you.
Our goal is to provide you with the most transparent and helpful information possible. But, only you know what is best for you and your career.
Here is a summary of our findings on ZipJob written and reviewed by a Certified Professional Resume Writer:
- Customer Reviews: 15/25
- Cost to Value: 15/25
- Sample Quality: 15/25
- Writer Credentials: 15/25
- Total Score: 60/100
As a reminder, we highly recommend reviewing 2-3 services before making a final decision.
It’s helpful to understand the different service offerings, prices, and writer credentials before choosing a resume writing service.