TopResume is hands down the most well-known resume writing service on the market.
But does being the most “well-known” make you the best?
That’s exactly what we plan to discuss in this article.
Our expert team of researchers has taken a deep dive into TopResume. We assessed their writing process, costs, reviews, and writer credentials.
TopResume – Resume Service Review
By using technology, TopResume is able to manage a team of 100+ resume writers. They are an impressive business. But we are here to talk about their resume writing services, not the companies ability to make money.
Let’s dive right into some of the pros and cons when it comes to working with TopResume.
TopResume is hands down one of the largest (if not the largest) resume writing services in the world. TopResume writes and reviews more resumes than any other company on this planet.
They worked on more than 1,000,000 resumes! They have 1500+ writers around the globe with combined experience in 65 industries. TopResume features a variety of resume samples on their website. Whatever your industry is, TopResume will have a resume sample for you to review. You can check out their resume samples here.
There are some negatives of working with TopResume. With any company this size, there are going to be some clients who slip through the cracks. When you receive hundreds of customer reviews, some of the reviews will be bad.
Despite these negative reviews, TopResume is not a bad company. But this does not mean that they are for everyone.
They only have three packages to choose from. So you might worry about the level of experience your writer has. After all, with 1,500+ resume writers, there’s no way to know who you will work with.
If you are a senior-level professional, you may need a more experienced resume writer. This is also true if your career is not black and white. This may be a higher level of expertise than TopResume can offer you.
Additionally, a company this size is bound to experience constant turnover. Some writers have very little experience, and you might be the “lucky” person to work with that writer.
TopResume has processes in place to prevent low-quality writers. But these things happen and that’s why you will see some 1-star reviews from unhappy customers. We’ll get to the reviews a bit later.
How Much Does TopResume Cost?
TopResume has kept its prices competitive and affordable since 2004.
There are three packages to choose from – Professional Growth ($149), Career Evolution ($219), and Executive Priority ($349).
The main difference between the three packages has to do with the types of services that you receive.
- The Professional Growth package includes only a resume for $149. (We should note that we’ve seen this price bounce from $149 to $179 and back again in a short amount of time.)
- The Career Evolution package provides you with a resume and cover letter for $219.
- The Executive Priority package includes a resume, cover letter, and LinkedIn profile for $349.
Note: The prices above reflect those observed during the time of publication. For the most updated pricing, please visit the TopResume resume page.
TopResume Resume Writing Process
TopResume follows a straightforward and simple operating procedure for getting your resume written.
Here’s what you can expect after selecting a package on their website:
- Choose between the Professional Growth, Career Evolution, and Executive Priority package.
- You can add a thank you letter, 48-hour rush service, and resume distribution services. (Extra fees apply.) Submit your payment.
- You will then get matched with a writer according to your industry and background.
- The writer will write and send over the first draft of your resume within 7 business days.
- You can receive up to two revisions on your resume, but it has to be within 7 days.
- All communications with your writer will be through email. You can opt for a phone consultation for an extra fee.
P.S. Did you know that you can get a free resume review from TopResume.com before signing up for their services? Here’s a link for a free TopResume.com resume review.
TopResume Resume Writer Credentials
TopResume has quite a large team of writers consisting of 1,500+ contract writers from across the globe.
The writing team includes HR professionals, recruiters, and certified career coaches. They have combined experience in 65 industries.
With such a large pool of writers, TopResume has the ability to assign you a writer that is great for your needs. While you don’t get to select your writer, their team will do their best to assign a relevant writer for your resume.
If you check out LinkedIn and search for “resume writer” at TopResume, you will only find 18 results. You will not find public information about the majority of their staff.
TopResume Customer Reviews
TopResume has more reviews than any other resume writing service on the market. Their 11,000+ reviews provide an opportunity to hear about genuine customer experiences.
Customer reviews are the most important aspect when choosing a resume writing service.
We researched TopResume on a variety of websites including BBB, Sitejabber, and Trustpilot. At the time of this review, we found 2,096 5-star reviews on Sitejabber and 5,930 5-star reviews on Trustpilot.
On the flip side, we found 487 1-star reviews on Sitejabber and 624 1-star reviews on Trustpilot. We also found 308 total BBB complaints resulting in a D+ rating.
With so many reviews, it can be hard to know what to think. The reality is, no resume service is perfect. TopResume must do a pretty good job to have received more than 8,000 5-star reviews of their 11,000 total reviews.
Take each review with a grain of salt. TopResume is a low-cost solution and with most services, you get what you pay for.
TopResume – Resume Sample
We wanted to see what the resume quality of TopResume looked like so we took a look at some of the resume samples featured on their website.
We’ve attached a TopResume resume sample for you to review (first page only).
If you’d like to see 10+ more resume samples from this company, click on the image of the resume sample below to be taken to their resume samples page.
Have You Reviewed Other Resume Services?
We recommend reviewing at least 2-3 resume services before making a final decision.
To help, we’d like to introduce you to Find My Profession. We are an elite resume writing service with a passion for creating resumes that result in job offers.
Here are some facts about Find My Profession:
- Our Professional Resume Writers (PRWs) have combined experience in 85+ industries/professions.
- We don’t use ghostwriters. You will always know exactly who you are working with. In fact, you can handpick which writer on our team you’d like to work with!
- You will receive a one-on-one phone consultation with your resume writer. You can discuss your background and career goals before they begin your resume. All packages include a 60-day interview guarantee.
- Two people will review your resume – your writer and our director of resume services.
If you’d like to learn more, check us out at Find My Profession.