Your resume is an important part of the job search. It could very well be the thing that sets you apart from your competition.
This also means that a subpar resume can set your job search back months.
Today we will be reviewing Professional Resume Services and their resume writing services.
We have taken a deep dive into the customer reviews, cost, resume samples, and writer credentials at Professional Resume Services. Our overall rating for Professional Resume Services is 60/100.
Professional Resume Services Score
Our goal is to help you find the best resume service that will advance your career. Take a look at some other top-rated resume writing services and find the perfect fit for you!
Best Professional Resume Services Alternatives
Best Professional Resume Services Alternatives
About Professional Resume Services
Professional Resume Services is a woman owned company that offers resume writing services to professionals of all career levels, from entry-level to CXOs and board leaders.
Erin Kennedy, a highly experienced, multi-credentialed, and award-winning resume writer, founded Professional Resume Services in 2001.
Before she founded the company, Erin had been writing resumes and providing career coaching service since 1999.
Currently, Erin Kennedy has a team of certified and experienced resume writers, career coaches, and LinkedIn profile writers working with her at Professional Resume Services.
Let’s dive right into some of the pros and cons when it comes to working with Professional Resume Services.
Professional Resume Services Pros vs Cons
As with any company, there are pros and cons. It’s up to you to determine what is a “must-have” and what things you can live without.
- 20+ years of resume writing experience.
- 3 resume writing certifications including CPRW, CMRW, and CERW.
- 8+ Toast Of The Resume Industry awards and nominations received.
- Featured on Forbes, Flexjobs, Resumes For Dummies, and more.
- Satisfaction guarantee is provided on all resumes.
- Expensive resume service costing as much as $3,995.
- Very few online reviews for a 20+ year old company.
- Turnaround time is not provided on the website.
- Website offers no information about the resume writers.
- Information about the resume editing process is not available.
If you are looking for a resume writing service, Professional Resume Services is a good option, but it is worth exploring other alternatives to find the best fit for your needs.
One such alternative is Find My Profession who has a team of certified resume writers, has been featured on reputable sources like Forbes, Inc., and CNET, and includes a 60-day interview guarantee with all of their resumes.
However, Find My Profession differs from Professional Resume Services in that they have a quick 3-5 business day turnaround time, are transparent about their writers, and resume services begin at $395.
Professional Resume Services Customer Reviews
Our Certified Professional Resume Writers have rated Professional Resume Services a 60/100. Additionally, Professional Resume Services has received customer reviews of 3.7/5 on Facebook. We consider this to be about average for the industry. However, we would have liked to see reviews across other platforms like Sitejabber, Trustpilot, Yelp, and BBB.
Facebook shows 3 reviews with an average rating of 3.7/5. These reviews might be fake, considering there’s no comment at all attached to any of them.
Two reviews are far from enough to get a proper estimate of the overall satisfaction ratings for Professional Resume Services.
However, Erin Kennedy and other writers on her team have plenty of recommendations on LinkedIn.
As with anything, it’s important to take each review with a grain of salt. Additional research should be done beyond reading the reviews that are found online.
How Much Does Professional Resume Services Cost?
Professional Resume Services’ resume packages cost $549 (resume only) – $3,995 (resume, bio, recruiter distribution, and more). These prices are slightly higher than the average resume writing service.
Professional Resume Services has a la carte resume service options, as well as package options.
Under the a la carte service, there are three options to choose from – Entry Level Resume ($549), Networking Resume ($595), and Resume Creation ($595 – $1,500)
- The Entry Level Resume package includes an initial consultation, Resume, Cover letter, Thank you letter (MS Word), and a Reference Dossier ($549).
- The Networking Resume package includes a one-page, eye-catching, branded resume that focuses on your accomplishments and metrics, and leaves out the daily responsibilities and other items ($595).
- The Resume Creation package includes a professionally written resume that highlights your steady career progression and accomplishments, education, training, professional development, activities, and more ($595 – $1,500).
Under the package options, there are four packages to choose from – Professional Resume Package ($695 – $995), Mid-Level Package ($1,195 – $1,595), Executive Resume Package A ($2,095 – $2,595), and Executive Resume Package B ($2,795 – $3,995).
The main difference between the four packages has to do with the types of services that you receive.
- The Professional Resume Package includes a professional resume, cover letter, customizable eNote, Thank You letter template, reference Dossier, accomplishments journal, and a job search eBook ($695 – $995).
- The Mid-Level Package includes a mid-level resume, mid-level cover letter, customizable eNote, Thank You letter template, reference dossier, accomplishments journal, and a job search eBook ($1,195 – $1,595).
- The Executive Resume Package A includes an executive resume, customizable executive cover letter, customizable eNote, Thank You letter template, reference dossier, accomplishments journal, and a job search eBook ($2,095 – $2,595).
- The Executive Resume Package B includes everything in the Executive Resume Package B plus an executive biography, LinkedIn profile development & eBook, executive recruiter resume distribution, private equity/venture capital resume distribution, and 90 minutes Interview & job search coaching ($2,795 – $3,995).
All of the packages provide unlimited email support and a one-on-one phone consultation with your resume writer
Professional Resume Services also have a Federal & Military Transition Resumes package – Federal Resume ($795 – $1,595), and Military Transition Resume ($795 – $1,795)
For the most accurate and up-to-date details on package pricing at Professional Resume Services, we recommend that you visit their website directly.
Professional Resume Services Resume Sample
We wanted to see what the resume quality of Professional Resume Services looked like so we took a look at some of the resume samples featured on their website.
We’ve attached a Professional Resume Services resume sample for you to review (first page only). Below, we share some of the things that we liked, and what we disliked about this resume.
- Format is clean and easy to follow.
- Target title is clearly defined and listed at the top of the resume.
- Includes a strong summary that covers experience and keywords.
- Contains lots of relevant keywords for the target title.
- Globe graphic is not inserted correctly and an outline appears.
- Graphic might make the resume not compatible with the ATS.
- Contains the candidates full address instead of just city and state.
- Content lacks measurable accomplishments and specific details.
Professional Resume Services Writer Credentials
As mentioned earlier, the resume writing team at Professional Resume Services is the strongest attribute of the company.
The company’s CEO, Erin Kennedy, has won five Toast of the Resume Industry (TORI) awards and five nominations.
She has also contributed to 16 best-selling career books and appeared as a subject-matter expert in publications such as Forbes, The Wall Street Journal, Huffington Post, and Mashable.
Erin is a multi-certified resume writer and career coach. Her certifications include Certified Master Resume Writer (CMRW), Certified Executive Resume Writer (CERW), and Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW).
Although the company website offers no details about the other resume writers on the team, we went ahead and searched on LinkedIn. We found 15+ resume writers and career coaches there.
All the writers on Erin’s team are highly experienced and certified resume writers. Even the least experienced writer holds at least eight years of resume writing experience.
Professional Resume Services is also the first company that 7 members of its team have been nominated for the T.O.R.I awards. Three of them received the award, while the remaining 4 were runners-up.
Professional Resume Services Resume Writing Process
Professional Resume Services follows a straightforward and simple operating procedure for getting your resume written.
Let’s look at the steps taken in Professional Resume Services’ resume writing process below:
- Initial consultation to identify your goals, strengths, and career needs.
- Get matched with a certified resume writer based on your background.
- The writer crafts your resume and sends it over to you.
The website doesn’t offer any information on the editing process of the resume. It also doesn’t provide any information about the turnaround time for resume writing.
However, the “Refund Policy” page states that they offer a satisfaction guarantee. “PRS does offer a Satisfaction guarantee. If a client is unhappy with the resume, let your writer or client care coordinator know and you will be contacted to discuss next steps.”
This may mean that you will get all the support you need until you are satisfied with your career documents.
Is Professional Resume Services Worth It?
Whether or not Professional Resume Services is worth it is entirely up to you.
Our goal is to provide you with the most transparent and helpful information possible. But, only you know what is best for you and your career.
Here is a summary of our findings on Professional Resume Services written and reviewed by a Certified Professional Resume Writer:
- Customer Reviews: 10/25
- Cost to Value: 10/25
- Sample Quality: 15/25
- Writer Credentials: 25/25
- Total Score: 60/100
As a reminder, we highly recommend reviewing 2-3 services before making a final decision.
If you’re in need of a top-notch resume writing service, we suggest checking out Find My Profession. With a team of experienced reverse recruiters and a commitment to customer satisfaction, Find My Profession can help you find your dream job. And with a perfect score of 100/100, you can trust that you’ll be in good hands!