Your resume is an important part of the job search. It could very well be the thing that sets you apart from your competition.
This also means that a subpar resume can set your job search back months.
Today we will be reviewing iCareerSolutions and their resume writing services.
We have taken a deep dive into the customer reviews, cost, resume samples, and writer credentials at iCareerSolutions. Our overall rating for iCareerSolutions is 70/100.
Our goal is to help you find the best resume service that will advance your career. Take a look at some other top-rated resume writing services and find the perfect fit for you!
Best iCareerSolutions Alternatives
Best iCareerSolutions Alternatives
iCareerSolutions is a New York based boutique writing service that offers resume and LinkedIn profile services to career professionals. The service was created in 2019 by award-winning and experienced writer, Arno Markus.
Before creating the company, Arno had worked as a recruiter for top IT companies in Europe. He also had a brief stint as a business proposal writer for about 3 years.
Due to his position as a recruiter, he quickly realized that a well-optimized, personalized and catchy resume was the key to helping applicants secure their dream jobs.
Today, Arno works with a team of experienced, certified and US-based writers to create resumes that would catapult their customers’ careers to the next level.
So far, they have helped over 1,200 clients secure positions at top companies like NASA, Apple, Google, Verizon, and more.
Let’s dive right into some of the pros and cons when it comes to working with iCareerSolutions.
iCareerSolutions Pros vs. Cons
As with any company, there are pros and cons. It’s up to you to determine what is a “must-have” and what things you can live without.
- 3+ resume certifications including CPRW, CARW, CRS-IT, and more.
- 15+ resume writing and career industry-related awards and nominations.
- Clients have landed positions at Google, Disney, Apple, and more.
- 60-day interview guarantee on some of the resume writing packages.
- Very few online reviews from verified customers.
- Expensive resume service costing as much as $2,995.
- 5 – 10 business day turnaround time is longer than average.
- No resume packages for entry-level professionals.
iCareerSolutions Customer Reviews
Our Certified Professional Resume Writers have rated iCareerSolutions a 70/100. Additionally, iCareerSolutions has received customer reviews of 4.1/5 on TrustPilot, 4.2/5 on Google, and a 5/5 on BBB with a D rating. We consider this to be above average for the industry. However, we would have liked to see reviews across other platforms like Sitejabber or Yelp.
TrustPilot shows 9 reviews with an average rating of 4.1/5. Most of the positive reviews came from customers who expressed satisfaction at the resume they received.
Google shows 5 reviews with an average rating of 4.2/5. The reviewers were pleased with the team’s communication, as well as the quality of the resume.
BBB shows 1 review with an average rating of 5/5. The company also has a D rating, as well as complaints from two customers.
Additionally, the CEO, Arno Markus has over 60 recommendations on LinkedIn.
While iCareerSolutions’ overall rating is not bad, it’s disappointing that a company who claims to have served 1,200+ clients has just 16 reviews.
As with anything, it’s important to take each review with a grain of salt. Additional research should be done beyond reading the reviews that are found online.
How Much Does iCareerSolutions Cost?
iCareerSolutions’ resume packages cost $595 – $2,995. This price range is much higher than what the average resume writing service costs. Additionally, the fact that they have very few online reviews makes it difficult to say that their service is worth the cost.
iCareerSolutions offers 8 packages. Each resume package is further divided into three categories: the Silver package, the Gold package, and the Platinum package.
- The Silver packages come with a single round of revisions, limited consultations with your resume writer, no 60-day interview guarantee, no digital storage, and a turnaround period of 7 – 10 business days.
- The Gold packages of each category come with two rounds of revisions, unlimited communication with your resume writer, a 60-day interview guarantee, digital storage, and a turnaround period of 5 – 7 business days.
- The Platinum packages of each category includes all the features of the Gold package plus the option of an additional revision, an executive Bio, a US Executives Recruiter List, resume distribution service, and two 60-minute career coaching sessions.
There are eight packages to choose from – Professional Resume package ($595 – $1,395), Executive Resume package ($895 – $1,695), IT Resume package ($695 – $1,495), Engineering Resume package ($695 – $1,495), CV Writing package ($695 – $1,495), Government & Federal Resume package ($1,095 – $1,595), C-Level Resume package ($1,295 – $2,495), and Board of Directors Resume package ($1,795-$2,995).
- The Professional Resume package is for mid-career and manager-level career professionals in any industry ($595 for the Silver package, $895 for the Gold package, and $1,395 for the Platinum package).
- The Executive Resume package is for executive level professionals, directors and VPs in any industry ($895 for the Silver package, $1,195 for the Gold package, and $1,695 for the Platinum package).
- The C-Level Resume package is for C-Level professionals looking for positions like CFO, CTO, CIO or CISO ($1,295 for the Silver package, $1,795 for the Gold package, and $2,495 for the Platinum package).
- The Board of Directors Resume package is for high-profile Board of Directors ($1,795 for the Silver package, $2,295 for the Gold package, and $2,995 for the Platinum package).
- The IT Resume package is for mid-career IT professionals in the Software, FinTech, IT Project, and other IT-related industries ($695 for the Silver package, $995 for the Gold package, and $1,495 for the Platinum package).
- The Engineering Resume package is for mid-career engineering professionals looking for positions like Mechanical Engineer, Software Engineer, and the likes ($695 for the Silver package, $995 for the Gold package, and $1,495 for the Platinum package).
- The Government & Federal Resume package is for professionals looking for Government & Federal jobs ($1,095 for the Silver package, and $1,595 for the Gold package).
- The CV writing package is for professionals who need a Curriculum Vitae for scientific, academic, and other reasons. It is also for clients looking for job positions in countries where a CV is the norm ($695 for the Silver package, $995 for the Gold package, and $1,495 for the Platinum package).
Each package includes a well-written resume in multiple formats, a resume strategy session, targeted LinkedIn profile development, and a LinkedIn 101 session.
You also have the option to purchase add-ons like 2-business day rush service, weekend rush service, executive bio, cover letter, thank you letter, and others.
For the most accurate and up to date details on package pricing at iCareerSolutions, we recommend that you visit their website directly.
iCareerSolutions Resume Sample
We wanted to see what the resume quality of iCareerSolutions looked like so we took a look at some of the resume samples featured on their website.
We’ve attached a iCareerSolutions resume sample for you to review (first page only). Below, we share some of the things that we liked, and what we disliked about this resume.
- Has a clear target job title at the very beginning of the resume.
- Includes both a strong impact statement and summary related to target.
- Career accomplishments are clear and engages the reader.
- Format is easy to follow with visual appeal, color, and shading.
- Too much content before the summary so it loses its impact.
- Contact information is not with the candidate’s name and comes after the job title and impact statements.
- Combined multiple positions in one section which disguises career progression.
- Summary gets too specific and can cause the reader to lose interest.
iCareerSolutions Writer Credentials
iCareerSolutions is a member of the Professional Association of Resume Writers & Career Coaches (PARWCC), Career Directors International (CDI), and National Resume Writers’ Association (NRWA).
The company has a multi-certified team of resume writers. A few of their resume writing certifications include Certified Advanced Resume Writer (CARW), Certified Resume Specialist in Information Technology, and Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW).
The iCareerSolutions team has landed choice positions for their clients at top-tier companies like Google, Uber, Verizon, Disney, Apple, and more.
The founder, Arno Markus, is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), and a nationally recognized writer with published works on Forbes.
Arno has won 15 industry awards. They include Toast of the Resume Industry (TORI) awards and nominations, Recognizing Outstanding Achievement in Resumes (ROAR) awards, Awards of Excellence from The Career Professionals, and several other mentions, nominations, and recognitions.
The iCareerSolutions website provides details of their Senior Resume Writer, Krista Mitchell. Krista is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW), and one of only nine Certified Information Technology Resume Writers (CRS+IT) in the world.
She also has over 11 years of experience, two ROAR and two TORI awards in resume writing, and a 1st place TORI award in IT Resume writing.
Although the company website offers no details about the other resume writers on the team, a search on LinkedIn provided us with 5 of their resume and LinkedIn profile writers.
The writers we found all had at least one form of industry certification. Collectively the writers possessed CARW, CPRW, and CRS-IT certifications.
iCareerSolutions Resume Writing Process
iCareerSolutions follows a straightforward and simple operating procedure for getting your resume written.
Let’s look at the steps taken in iCareerSolutions’ resume writing process below:
- Sign up and select your preferred resume package.
- Get matched with a qualified resume writer based on your background.
- Schedule a strategy session and work one-on-one with your writer virtually.
- Submit your old resume and provide other necessary information.
- Get your initial draft and suggest edits and revisions.
- Receive an ATS-compliant resume in multiple formats from your resume writer
- Get a LinkedIn 101 and Coaching session on profile optimization.
- Apply for jobs and get interviews within 60 days.
iCareerSolutions offers a 60-day interview guarantee on their Gold and Platinum resume writing packages.This means that they will rewrite your resume for free if you do not get a job within 60 days of receiving the new Gold and Platinum-level resume they created.
Is iCareerSolutions Worth It?
Whether or not iCareerSolutions is worth it is entirely up to you.
Our goal is to provide you with the most transparent and helpful information possible. But, only you know what is best for you and your career.
Here is a summary of our findings on iCareerSolutions written and reviewed by a Certified Professional Resume Writer:
- Customer Reviews: 10/25
- Cost to Value: 15/25
- Sample Quality: 25/25
- Writer Credentials: 20/25
- Total Score: 70/100
As a reminder, we highly recommend reviewing 2-3 services before making a final decision.
It’s helpful to understand the different service offerings, prices, and writer credentials before choosing a resume writing service.