Your resume is an important part of the job search. It could very well be the thing that sets you apart from your competition.
This also means that a subpar resume can set your job search back months.
Today we will be reviewing Let’s Eat, Grandma and their resume writing services.
We have taken a deep dive into the customer reviews, cost, resume samples, and writer credentials at Let’s Eat, Grandma. Our overall rating for Let’s Eat, Grandma is 80/100.
Let’s Eat, Grandma Score
About Let’s Eat, Grandma
You might be thinking their name is strange, but there is a good reason for this.
Their name is a grammar joke about the importance of commas. If you removed the comma in their name, it would say, “Let’s Eat Grandma,” which has an entirely different meaning than, “Let’s Eat, Grandma.”
In addition to resume writing, founder Chris Villanueva also has a podcast called Career Warriors Podcast, which can be found on Apple or Spotify. But we’re only here to talk about their resume writing services.
Let’s dive right into some of the pros and cons when it comes to working with Let’s Eat, Grandma.
Let’s Eat, Grandma Pros vs Cons
As with any company, there are pros and cons. It’s up to you to determine what is a “must-have” and what things you can live without.
- CEO/Founder is a Certified Professional Resume Writer (CPRW).
- Rated Best Resume Writing Service of 2021 by The Balance Careers.
- 250+ stellar online reviews from previous customers.
- Moderately priced resume service starting from $439.
- 2 – 3+ week turnaround time is much longer than the average.
- Writers may be under qualified to write executive-level resumes.
- Not very established having only been around since 2020.
- No interview guarantee on the resume writing service.
Let’s Eat, Grandma Customer Reviews
Our Certified Professional Resume Writers have rated Let’s Eat, Grandma an 80/100. Additionally, Let’s Eat, Grandma has received customer reviews of 4.9/5 on Trustpilot, 4.9/5 on Google, a 4.6/5 on Facebook, and a 2.5/5 on Yelp. We consider this to be about average for the industry.
Trustpilot shows 156 reviews with an average rating of 4.9/5. A superb feat, considering that more than 148 of the reviews are 5-stars, and only 4 are 1-star.
Google shows 73 reviews with an average rating of 4.9/5. Nearly all the customers were happy with the resume writing service they received. We especially liked how Let’s Eat, Grandma took the time to reply to every review they received.
Facebook shows 21 reviews with an average rating of 4.6/5. Most of the reviews were from customers who loved the quality of the resume they received, with several of them expressing how they landed their dream jobs through it.
Yelp shows 9 customer reviews with an average rating of 2.5/5. More than half the reviews complained of improper grammar, missed deadlines, and even mentioned that the only thing good about the resume they received is the formatting.
As with anything, it’s important to take each review with a grain of salt. Additional research should be done beyond reading the reviews that are found online.
Home Much Does Let’s Eat, Grandma Resume Cost?
Let’s Eat, Grandma’s resume packages cost $439 (resume and cover letter) to $689 (resume, cover letter, LinkedIn). The prices are fair for the services you receive. There are cheaper services, but also some that are much more expensive.
There are three packages to choose from – Starter ($439), Accelerated ($549), and Premium ($689).
The main difference between the three packages has to do with the types of services that you receive.
- The Starter package includes a resume and cover letter ($439).
- The Accelerated package includes a resume, cover letter, Linkedin recommendations, digital guide to cold emails, and thank-you notes ($549).
- The Premium package includes everything in the Accelerated package plus a second resume design ($689).
For the most accurate and up to date details on package pricing at Let’s Eat, Grandma, we recommend that you visit their website directly.
Let’s Eat, Grandma Resume Sample
We wanted to see what the resume quality of Let’s Eat, Grandma looked like so we took a look at some of the resume samples featured on their website.
We’ve attached a Let’s Eat, Grandma resume sample for you to review (first page only). Below, we share some of the things that we liked, and what we disliked about this resume.
- Has measurable accomplishments and specific details.
- Target is clearly defined with content that matches the candidates goals.
- Strong summary that engages the reader and sets the tone.
- Content is action and results-focused, making it strong.
- Format is difficult to follow, centering content makes it difficult to read.
- Does not contain the appropriate keywords for the target title.
- Professional experience only covers accomplishments, not an overview.
- Format lacks visual appeal making it hard to follow.
Let’s Eat, Grandma Resume Writer Credentials
Let’s Eat, Grandma’s website provides no information about the qualifications and credentials of their resume writers. This is a big red flag in our opinion.
All the website mentions is that their writers come from backgrounds in communications and business writing. Each team member is hired not only for their writing and editing aptitude but also their interpersonal skills and professionalism.
Most credible resume writing companies with high quality writers will make their best effort to share about their staff writers. In most cases, if you aren’t bragging about your writer quality, the quality is probably not there to brag about. If you’d like to learn a bit more about the resume writers working at Let’s Eat Grandma, we recommend you check out their company LinkedIn page. Here, you will find ~30 resume writers with various backgrounds and certifications.
Let’s Eat, Grandma Resume Writing Process
Let’s Eat, Grandma follows a straightforward and simple operating procedure for getting your resume written.
Let’s look at the steps taken in Let’s Eat, Grandma’s resume writing process below:
- After placing an order, you will be asked to fill out a detailed questionnaire and submit your current resume.
- Your writer will reach out and ask for any additional information that they need.
- You will have a 30-minute phone consultation with your writer.
- You will receive your first resume draft in no more than 7 days after your phone consultation with your writer.
- You will receive the second draft of your resume 2 business days after your phone consultation.
- You can request for 2 rounds of revisions within 7 days of receiving your first drafts.
- That’s it! You will receive your final resume in both Word and PDF format.
They have a 60-day satisfaction guarantee that allows you to reach out to them with any concerns or issues with your resume. However, to gain access to the interview guarantee, you’d first have to communicate with your writer or their supervisor within 48 hours of receiving your first drafts.
This doesn’t make a whole lot of sense to us, and sounds more like a 48 hour guarantee than a 60-day guarantee.
Is Let’s Eat, Grandma Worth It?
Whether or not Let’s Eat, Grandma is worth it is entirely up to you.
Our goal is to provide you with the most transparent and helpful information possible. But, only you know what is best for you and your career.
Here is a summary of our findings on Let’s Eat, Grandma written and reviewed by a Certified Professional Resume Writer:
- Customer Reviews: 25/25
- Cost to Value: 25/25
- Sample Quality: 15/25
- Writer Credentials: 15/25
- Total Score: 80/100
As a reminder, we highly recommend reviewing 2-3 services before making a final decision.
It’s helpful to understand the different service offerings, prices, and writer credentials before choosing a resume writing service.