Your resume is an important part of the job search. It could very well be the thing that sets you apart from your competition.
This also means that a subpar resume can set your job search back months.
Today we will be reviewing BrandResumes and their resume writing services.
We have taken a deep dive into the customer reviews, cost, resume samples, and writer credentials at BrandResumes. Our overall rating for BrandResumes is 60/100.
Our goal is to help you find the best resume service that will advance your career. Take a look at some other top-rated resume writing services and find the perfect fit for you!
Best BrandResumes Alternatives
Best BrandResumes Alternatives
Brandon Mitchell founded BrandResumes in May of 2019. Although Brandon founded the company in 2019, he has been writing resumes for over seven years.
Since its initial launch, the company has expanded to become a 50+ member team and has helped more than 5,000 clients from five different countries.
The resume service claims to be tech-savvy and specialized in business, information technology, marketing, legal, human resources, sales, project management, entertainment, and healthcare industries.
Let’s dive right into some of the pros and cons when it comes to working with BrandResumes.
BrandResumes Pros vs Cons
As with any company, there are pros and cons. It’s up to you to determine what is a “must-have” and what things you can live without.
- Affordably priced resume service starting at $499.
- Over 140 4+-star online reviews from previous customers.
- 90-day interview guarantee on all resumes.
- You can get your resume submitted to online job postings.
- Variety of resume services including military, federal, and executive resume writing.
- No industry-recognized resume writing certifications.
- 5 – 9 business day turnaround is longer than most services.
- Resume edits are available for only 7 days.
- Phone consultations with a resume writer are not guaranteed.
BrandResumes.com Customer Reviews
Our Certified Professional Resume Writers have rated BrandResumes a 60/100. Additionally, BrandResumes has received customer reviews of 4.0/5 on Trustpilot, 4.6/5 on Thumbtack, 3.7/5 on Facebook, and a D+ rating on BBB.
Trustpilot shows 191 reviews with an average rating of 4.0/5. While 58% of the reviewers commented on how professional the service was, more than 20% feel that it wasn’t worth the time and money.
Thumbtack shows 10 reviews with an average rating of 4.6/5. The majority of their previous customers are happy with how professional the service was, as well as the quality of the resume they received.
Facebook shows 6 reviews with an average rating of 3.7/5. Half the reviews were terrible, with the clients either not receiving the service they paid for, or just receiving a low quality resume, and not even getting a refund of their money.
Better Business Bureau shows a D+ rating. According to one complaint, they promised to help the client apply for jobs, but they did so very poorly. They sent out generic resumes and cover letters, instead of tailoring them to each job.
As with anything, it’s important to take each review with a grain of salt. Additional research should be done beyond reading the reviews that are found online.
How Much Does BrandResumes Cost?
BrandResumes resume packages cost $499 – $2,499. The cost of their resume services is well within the range of medium to high, when compared to other resume writing services.
The breakdown of their pricing structure can seem a bit overwhelming as they offer quite a few options to choose from.
They have resume-only packages as well as several bundle packages for different career levels. Under the resume-only options, there are three packages to choose from – a la carte resume-only ($499), Military-to-civilian transition resume ($699), and Federal resume ($699).
Under the bundle pricing for entry-level to mid-level professionals, there are also three packages to choose from – Career Ready ($699), Career Jumpstart ($999), and Career Revamp ($1,999).
The main difference between the three packages has to do with the types of services that you receive.
- The Career Ready package includes a resume, cover letter, LinkedIn revamp, and thank you letter template. ($699)
- The Career Jumpstart package adds resume distribution and career coaching to the resume and LinkedIn profile writing services. It also offers a follow up email template instead of the thank you letter template. ($999)
- The Career Revamp package includes everything in the Career Ready and Career Jumpstart packages plus a Targeted Job Site Booster service. ($1,999)
Under the executive level pricing, there are three packages to choose from – Career Ready Executive ($899), Career Jumpstart Executive ($1,499), and Career Revamp Executive ($2,499).
- The Career Ready Executive package includes a resume, cover letter, LinkedIn revamp, and thank you letter template. ($899)
- The Career Jumpstart Executive package adds resume distribution and career coaching to the resume and LinkedIn profile writing services. It also offers a follow up email template instead of the thank you letter template. ($1,499)
- The Career Revamp Executive package includes everything in the Career Ready Executive and Career Jumpstart Executive packages plus a Targeted Job Site Booster. ($2,499)
All the packages and services from BrandResume can be purchased on a monthly payment plan with Klarna.
For the most accurate and up to date details on package pricing at BrandResumes, we recommend that you visit their website directly.
BrandResumes Resume Sample
We wanted to see what the resume quality of BrandResumes.com looked like so we took a look at some of the resume samples featured on their website.
We’ve attached a BrandResumes resume sample for you to review (first page only). Below, we share some of the things that we liked, and what we disliked about this resume.
- Contains measurable accomplishments.
- Includes the technical skills.
- Is in reverse chronological order.
- Calls out existing and future certifications.
- Resume is missing a summary at the top.
- Does not contain a clear job target.
- Does not have keywords for the job target.
- Format is very simply without any esthetic elements.
BrandResumes Resume Writer Credentials
BrandResumes has quite a few experienced resume writers. The resume writing team also has writers specializing in particular industries, which is a good thing.
Their writers come from various backgrounds including arts, computer science, HR, management, human ecology, and philosophy.
On the flip side, the team’s resume writers do not have any industry-recognized resume writing certifications.
It should also be noted that not all their writers are based in the US.
BrandResumes Resume Writing Process
BrandResumes follows a straightforward and simple operating procedure for getting your resume written.
Let’s look at the steps taken in BrandResumes.com resume writing process below:
- Order one of the services from the website.
- Get a confirmation email containing (1) a Google Drive link to upload your resume and (2) a link to a questionnaire.
- Upload your resume and fill out the questionnaire.
- Your resume writer may or may not call you, depending on whether they need clarification on any of your submitted information.
- You will get your resume within 5 – 7 business days (7 – 9 business days for executive resumes)
- You then have 7 days to request any edits.
BrandResume’s resume services are backed by a 90-day guarantee. They will revise your resume for free if you do not get more interviews within 90 days.
Is BrandResumes Worth It?
Whether or not BrandResumes is worth it is entirely up to you.
Our goal is to provide you with the most transparent and helpful information possible. But, only you know what is best for you and your career.
Here is a summary of our findings on BrandResumes written and reviewed by a Certified Professional Resume Writer:
- Customer Reviews: 20/25
- Cost to Value: 20/25
- Sample Quality: 5/25
- Writer Credentials: 15/25
- Total Score: 60/100
As a reminder, we highly recommend reviewing 2-3 services before making a final decision.
It’s helpful to understand the different service offerings, prices, and writer credentials before choosing a resume writing service.